Studies have shown that adults who have healthy social relationships tend to be healthier and live longer. While things like location, level of care and budget factor heavily into most people’s senior living decisions, we also know that services and amenities play an important role in the health and well-being of our residents. We encourage those who are considering living at Grand Lodge at the Preserve to think about what gives your life purpose? What hobbies do you enjoy?
What Matters Most to You?
Continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) tend to offer more extensive services and amenities than other types of senior living communities. Common services at CCRCs include things like security and emergency services, dining options, housekeeping, lifestyle and wellness activities and transportation. Meanwhile common amenities at CCRCs include fitness facilities, garden areas, lounges and other indoor and outdoor spaces you can enjoy.
Don’t let your budget stop you from thinking about what matters most to you. Make sure to ask plenty of questions about available services and amenities when evaluating a community.
Questions to Ask About Services & Amenities
While expectations for services and amenities tend to vary, we have compiled a list of questions you should consider asking any senior living community, including Grand Lodge at The Preserve.
Potential services and amenities questions to ask a senior living community include:
- What services do you offer that make you stand out from other communities?
- What amenities are most popular with residents? What amenities are you most proud of?
- How would you describe the dining experience? Are there varied meal options for residents with dietary restrictions? How often does the menu change?
- What social activities does your community offer? Is there an activities calendar?
- What educational opportunities does your community offer?
- What recreational and wellness activities does your community offer?
- What are some nearby recreational opportunities? Do you offer transportation?
- What are some nearby entertainment options? Do you offer transportation?
- What sort of transportation is available and how frequently is it offered?
- What is your pet policy? Do you offer any special amenities for pets?
Most communities will even let you try out some of their services and amenities for yourself, within reason. For instance, ask if you can have lunch at one of the dining venues. Or check the entertainment calendar and ask if you can participate in or observe one of the activities
Grand Lodge Services & Amenities Provide Comfort
The team at Grand Lodge proudly offers a level of service that sets the standard for senior living communities in the area. Some of our most popular services for residents include:
- Two dining options – formal dining and a casual bistro – catering to all diets
- Variety of social activities to keep resident engaged
- Housekeeping and flat linen service twice a month
- Underground, climate-controlled parking
- Property maintenance, snow removal and lawn care
- Private storage area to keep belongings safe
- Reliable medical transportation when you need it
Grand Lodge also aims to keep its guests entertained across all four seasons with a variety of indoor and outdoor amenities. Some of our most popular amenities include:
- Fireside lounge
- Fitness area
- Garden areas
- Comprehensive health and wellness program
- Southlake Village Rehabilitation and Care Center ProActive Fitness membership
- Game room with billiards and card tables
Live Independently at Grand Lodge
At Grand Lodge at the Preserve, our mission is to help our residents live as independently as possible for as long as possible. Services and amenities that encourage activity and socialization allow our residents to pursue the hobbies they enjoy most, while also maintaining their health.
Want to learn more about the high-end services and amenities available at Grand Lodge at the Preserve? Contact us to schedule a visit and we will gladly show you around!